When I was growing up, I wanted to be Oprah or Barbara Walters and the truth of the matter is—I still do. However, I have come to that hard realization that a network is not going to come sweep me off my couch and into my own show, so I have decided to take matters into my own hands.
As part of an example to my children and more importantly to myself, I have decided to carpe my own diem and bring my dream to life—just in a little different fashion. I realized that I don’t need to interview the rich or famous to be inspired, because I am surrounded by amazing people in my own life.
For the next year, I am going to ask 52 very different people the same question and present their answer. My plan is to publish a book of all the advice at the end of the year and give it to my children to show them that your dreams can come true in many different ways.
- Yes! There is Life as an Empty Nester…thoughts from Mary Kay Klein (8/16/2017) - My next contributor has the unique distinction of being my longest running friend–47 years to be exact–and the most surprising thing about our friendship is that we have never lived in the same place together… More
- Never Stop at the First Fruit Stand…a lesson about patience from Jodie Calcagno (8/8/2017) - My next guest contributor is entrepreneur, designer, writer, wife, mother, and purveyor of all things fabulous, Jodie Calcagno. To describe Jodie would be like trying to take a photo of the sunset as it sets… More
- Do What You Love…advice from Personal Trainer Rocky Kitzmiller (8/2/2017) - My next guest contributor can be described as nothing less than a force of nature. Passionate, kind, strong, giving–Rocky Kitzmiller is someone that you just love to know. She is one of those people who… More
- Never Regret Betting on Yourself…advice from businessman Tom Johnston (7/25/2017) - My next guest contributor is Tom Johnston, a founding partner in the Franklin Johnston Group– one of the most active and successful development teams on the East Coast. Tom has been involved in the development… More
- Never Lose Your Sense of Humor…important words from CDR James “Puck” Howe USN (7/12/2017) - My next contributor is not only a decorated Navy Pilot, he is one of the most hilarious people I have ever met. I admire how he faithfully and skillfully served our country, but what impresses me… More
- Don’t Take Seriously the First Words Out of the Mouth of a Confused, Embarrassed, or Panicked Adolescent..advice from Fred Strong (5/17/2017) - My next contributor was my first boss. This person plays an extraordinarily important role in your life because they are the first person to evaluate your abilities outside of home, school or activities. Looking, back,… More
- My Life is Just as it Should Be…advice from Valerie Winborne (5/11/2017) - “Mom. Did you know Mrs. Winborne is in the Smithsonian, has been in a Salt N Pepa video, worked with Spike Lee and was named the National Dance Society’s Master Dance Educator of the Year… More
- Nobody Cares What You Know UNTIL They Know You Care..advice from CEO Chris Calcagno (4/26/2017) - My next contributor touches on what should be an obvious but often forgotten tenet in this noisy world–the importance of care. This doesn’t surprise me because Chris Calcagno is one of the most caring people… More
- Listen to your mother and you, too, may become an Obi-Wan… advice from Dale Feltes (4/18/2017) - My next contributor graduated from the Naval Academy, earned an MBA from Harvard, served his country for 24 years and now overseas millions of dollars of construction as the Director of Design and Construction at… More
- Tom Cruise, the Eagle Scout and the Man in the Mirror…inspiration from attorney Don Marcari (4/4/2017) - One of the most memorable scenes In the movie, A Few Good Men, is the fiery and oft quoted exchange between Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson– “I want the truth!” –“You can’t handle the truth!” Now most… More